• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Mufflers,silencers, cans

MDPJR

I'm asking what brand can, silencer, muffler whatever your calling it would be best for my machine. I have 2014 800 switchback Pro-R LE . I'm only looking to spend around $250 keeping that in mind, I'm not really overly concerned with how much lighter I can make machine. Although the added horsepower will be welcomed what I'm really after is making it sound like a deep nasty growl or rubble. I'm not familiar with anything reguarding aftermarket parts. Also just can't find in specs what size handle bar riser comes stock with my machine. All I know is I'd like it to be taller than what it is now. Looking for what brand would be best & how much taller would I need to go for trail riding. I'm 6' tall & ride standing most of time.

If it is truly an LE it should have the Polaris version of a ROX adjustable riser. If not, just measure the riser on it now and order a 2'' taller riser. Check cables and wires for length.
As far as the can, you are going to get a lot of opinions on that. And they will be pretty much all negative.
What everyone will agree on is that you won't gain any horsepower, just noise.

Tons of video of aftermarket cans and pipes on YouTube. Worth a look. I get ya that the Axys cans are almost too quiet, but remember that many trails are on private land, and you don't want to jeopardize keeping them accessible. FWIW, there are probably no aftermarket cans that will make a new sled as loud as my XCR. Not everyone gets a woody when they hear a triple. Strange, huh? There are also some states like New York that don't allow any aftermarket exhaust components. that's why the pipe mods are so cool. Reinstall the pipe cover, and they are almost undetectable. Just tell the DNR that you took the cover off to ceramic coat it.

My experirnce with cans is hey make more noise than HP. Kept us out of the UP a few years back too. Had pipes on an Cat back in the day, They made HP and the sled was a rocket...but not so dependable.

Back
Top Bottom