• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

New dealer wants to be the best, with your help!

chrisp

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
all
Good afternoon everyone!
I'm the service and parts manager of a soon to be Polaris dealer. our company owns a few very successful car dealerships with a huge focus on customer satisfaction. I am being brought onboard this new endeavor to bring that same quality to our power sports division. that being said I'm looking to reach out to you, our potential customers and get some feed back. what parts do you mostly find you need? What frustrates you about your dealer? We want to make sure we are stocked up, ready to roll and keep you enjoying your equipment when the doors open. With your input and an open line of communication with the public I think we could make this thing great. so please let me hear your stories and ideas.
thanks!
smile.gif

Oil, spark plugs, hifax, wear bars, idler wheels, belts, bearings
skis, shocks, clutches
at least one set of parts to do a top end rebuild
a-arms, spindles

What frustrates me about dealer is communication and customer service. Dealers that act like they care, and try to help, are easy to get ahold of easy maybe on social media, and get back to you right away, and keep you updated on whats going on thats what I look for. My dealer is awesome. No charge to hook up digital wrench which you need to do any kind of work on these, discounts on parts because I bought sled there, I can message him on social media in middle of night and sometimes he will reply and get to dealer early next morning and parts are waiting for me. When trails are open, they stay open 7 days a week and are there early and late. If they have to pull parts off sled on floor they will.

The thing about sledding is, season is VERY short. when there is snow you got to ride. Break downs are a real bummer and faster you get customer back on the trail the better.

What frustrated me when a new service manager came in, they just sold parts and never restocked. I went in looking for a 72pitch chain, none in stock. That chain fits about 8 differs sleds. Now I am not saying have 6 of them in stock but at least one of the most common of each part and then reorder as soon as it's sold.
Warranty claims are a big deal. Don't punish the average guy because of a can on the sled and a Piston let go due to manufacturer malfunction.
A seeing th phone and having someone knowledgable about the machine who has the answers and says yes I have that part of I will get it for you in 2 days. Not wait until next Monday for a bigger order to be established.

Do you think this guy is even listening? He has yet to reply after almost a week.

With 1 post, maybe he was just testing the water.

Back
Top Bottom