• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

New issues after removing thermostat

venture22

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2018 Polaris Switchback Pro-S 800
I made a post earlier this week about my 2018 Switchback Pro-S 800 overheating and not being able to cool down even when in the powder.

I decided to do a boil test on the thermostat and it was only opening halfway and then getting stuck, so i gutted the thermostat taking the plunger and the spring out leaving the casing and seal and put it back in, it started up no problem last night after gutting the thermostat but now this morning going back up to my shop and it wouldnt start. nothing, not even a sputter. this sled has never not started for me before, it always the 2nd turn of the key with the electric start or 2 pulls.

I changed the plugs, and it made no difference. my only thought was maybe it was too cold? but it was in the shop overnight and the garage is always around 50F

im confused and stuck inside, any help or knowledge would really be appreciated.

Don't understand what you did with your thermostat exactly but regardless, coolant would have nothing to do with your sled running.

I would suggest you check your kill switch, then use spare plugs and check for spark.

Your coolant isn’t the problem with starting . I know what you did with thermo. I have done it also with no drama. I’m gonna guess you are flooded. At first no start you probably could have held it wot and turned it over it may have started. Now I would pull the plugs . Let it air out. With key off. And kill switch down Hold it wot. And turn it over a bunch. See if any fuel flies out of the plug holes. Then leave plugs out and let it sit for an hour or so. Put new plugs in. Replace caps. Make sure they snap on tight. They are hard sometimes. Pull up kill turn on key and fire it up.

Back
Top Bottom