• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

P2??

racerdave

Staff member
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
since 1976
Snowmobile
AXYS Switcher 800,Indy600sp,XCSP600ves
For those that have used,worked on a P2: Has anyone replaced the bushings #'s 3 and 13 in the pic? I've been debating buying one of these for a while. wondering about actual durability on a 800. This diagram from the 2010 Rush fich, I think the later P2's are the same
p2.jpg

For those that have used,worked on a P2: Has anyone replaced the bushings #'s 3 and 13 in the pic? I've been debating buying one of these for a while. wondering about actual durability on a 800. This diagram from the 2010 Rush fich, I think the later P2's are the sameView attachment 457
Those bushings are staked and can not be replaced. However the clutch will last easily 10,000 miles.

I didn't look at mine to see how the bushings were retained when I had it apart last summer.
But with over 3000 miles on it, the bushing were tight.
(now if the primary springs would hold up without breaking...)
What's weird is that the parts diagram shows a good number for both bushings, inner cover and inner sheave. Nothing listed for the outer sheave.
Anyone with a service manual, could you look up P-2 clutch overhaul to see if there is a procedure to grind off the stakes and press out the bushings and press in new ones?
Big Fuse, I agree, the way these things are built, longevity should be one of their assets.

I didn't look at mine to see how the bushings were retained when I had it apart last summer.
But with over 3000 miles on it, the bushing were tight.
(now if the primary springs would hold up without breaking...)
What's weird is that the parts diagram shows a good number for both bushings, inner cover and inner sheave. Nothing listed for the outer sheave.
Anyone with a service manual, could you look up P-2 clutch overhaul to see if there is a procedure to grind off the stakes and press out the bushings and press in new ones?
Big Fuse, I agree, the way these things are built, longevity should be one of their assets.
I looked in the useful links at the bottom of the page. Went to Polaris Parts Finder, 2011 Rush 600, clutches, looked at the P2 secondary , the bushings have numbers on them, went to see the part number and there isn't any listed.

Ed, you are right. When I first looked at the fich I never noticed there wasn't a part number for the bushings.

Back
Top Bottom