• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

PCV vrs BullyDog

Minus40

Just a info tidbit.
PCV tps set to sled is up to 7% off of BD reading. I had set PCV to sled then hooked up BD to compare. The BD reads sleds ecu so I matched the PCV reading to the BD reading to sync the PCV with the ecu not the tps.

So far the only complaint I have for the bully dog is.

Your at the mercy of who ever installed the tune. You can't change it. That's what I don't like.

The Pcv, you can freely change maps yourself. It doesn't have all the tech stuff as the bully dog. But, I'm a Pcv guy .
Just my opinion.

Just a info tidbit.
PCV tps set to sled is up to 7% off of BD reading. I had set PCV to sled then hooked up BD to compare. The BD reads sleds ecu so I matched the PCV reading to the BD reading to sync the PCV with the ecu not the tps.

Can you explain this a little more detailed. What do you mean you set PCV to sled? is up 7% from BD? What do you mean sync PCV with ECU not the TPS?

You saying the PCV shows 7% higher TPS values than the Bullydog?

As long as you trust the base factory mapping...

Isn't the point of the PCV or bullydog to change the mapping because you don't trust the factory mapping. Ya they both do it in different ways but same end result. The bullydog has all the gauges and records but the IDD has most of the same gauges anyway and also records now. Not to mention the powersports bullydog is discontinued there only making them for a few places. And way more tuners are more familiar with PCV and to remove it all you have to do is unplug and your done. Bullydog you have to reprogram the ECU memory and just cross your fingers that there are no issues that corrupts your ecu and you have to send up sending it to bullydog to get fixed or something. Not to mention your warranty most likely is worthless

Last edited:
One removes, one modifies. So, if the factory parameters are good, just modify. Of there are issues, replace.

Yes I am new to tuning with PCV. thank you for explaining helped a lot I understand now.

Good post minus40.
Sorry I derailed your thread from start.

As I understand, the digital wrench reads a certain frequency from the ecu. The Pcv is reading in a different frequency, as would a multi meter . This makes sense as I've tried all off them. I go with what the digital wrench reads 100%. Now the bully dog did read very very close to the digital wrench that we had on dyno. The Pcv wasn't reading the same tps reading as the dw or bully dog. I was told by Polaris engineering that. Never read anything without using digital wrench as it's a certain frequency.

Now, that being said.

How did you adjust your Pcv to match the digital wrench reading??
I have a Pcv with timing and fuel,just not right in front of me.

Does anyone have a BD tune for a SLP pipe set? I know SLP says the BD is only needed with the pipe/head combo, but was looking to see if a good tune is out there for just the pipe. How about the BMP tune for there pipe...close enough for the SLP pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom