• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Possible Missing Part Near Primary Clutch

James Guillaume

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2004 Polaris Pro X2 800
Hey guys,
I have a 04' Pro X2 800. I was doing my pre-season service today and noticed a bolt with a plastic bushing flopping around on a bracket near the primary. I didn't see anything this could go to and it runs and drives fine. It does have a full SLP exhaust if that would change anything. The bracket it definitely factory and bolts on between the primary and the block. It looks like some sort of vibration absorber but something is missing. Any help would be very appreciated.

wonder if he is talking about the torque stop that goes up against engine block by primary.

I know theres the one on the back of the block that keeps the motor from rocking back, but is there one on the front that I am unaware of? I can go get a picture of it.

It's hard to see but that bolt there with the plastic spacer on it

IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_1192.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG

wms_torque_arm.jpg

looks like a torque arm I had one on my edge sled the bracket bolts on were the starter would bolt . then the swivel mounts to the bulk head forward of the engine. looks like yours is broke if you can get your hand down there you might be able to find where the other end mounts. they work very well to keep engine from moving and twisting it helps keep clutches inline I would put a new one back on. but you don't have to have it
Keith

Last edited:
Thank you so much for clearing this up. I have read that these sleds like to rip out of their motor mounts. I assume this is an aftermarket item made by someone like SLP or another brand. I will definitely replace this part ASAP. Once again thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom