• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pre-ride / use warmup

Matthew Arguin

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2020 Indy XC 137
2019 Indy 550 - 121
Hey all, qq. I was wondering what temp i should let the sled warm up to before heading out for a ride? The sled i got rid of when i got the 600 XC was an 2016 A/C Crosstrek 6000. The Cat had a warning "low temp" until it hit 50 Deg F for warm up. My Indy doesnot do similar...my initial thought was to wait till about 50 deg like the cat, a friend with an Indy and other polaris says 80 deg F, the manual does not seem to have any mention that i can find about the operating temps (or min operating temp) etc. ANyone know this info or can point me to a section of the manual that i would have it that i am just glancing past?

Hey all, qq. I was wondering what temp i should let the sled warm up to before heading out for a ride? The sled i got rid of when i got the 600 XC was an 2016 A/C Crosstrek 6000. The Cat had a warning "low temp" until it hit 50 Deg F for warm up. My Indy doesnot do similar...my initial thought was to wait till about 50 deg like the cat, a friend with an Indy and other polaris says 80 deg F, the manual does not seem to have any mention that i can find about the operating temps (or min operating temp) etc. ANyone know this info or can point me to a section of the manual that i would have it that i am just glancing past?
I have a 2020 Indy 800 XC 137. I let it warm-up to 33 degrees C / 90 degrees F). You're correct, there is nothing in the manuals. My normal operating temp runs at 41 degrees C / 105 degrees F

Since I got a sled with a temperature gauge, I've always waited until 90-100 deg F before I drive away. Have never had a cold seizure or any piston / ring issues, but have had lots of sleds come in shop with seizures or indications of near-seizures by guys who think 1-2 minutes warmup is enough at any temp

Back
Top Bottom