• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Re-Gear needed?

hirevn

I have read through most of the gearing/clutching threads here and still somewhat confused on the gearing. It looks like most of the talk is around the switchback with the ripsaw/cobra track and 1.61 ratio needing re-geared when your adding clutching.
I am wondering from the experts here if the Pro X (back country track) with the 22:41-70 gears (1.86 ratio) is also recommended a re-gear when adding a pipe and clutching?

YOU CAN CLUTCH IT AND KEEP THE GEAR THE WAY IT IS IF YOU WANT. THE PIPE WONT HURT IT EITHER, WILL JUST MAKE MORE POWER AND ACCELERATE HARDER. UR TRACK AND GEAR WILL BE UR LIMITATION FOR SPEED..

before a gear change on the pro x im curious what the gates belt will do being a little thicker and helping shift to overdrive? i am still tinkering to get full shift in primary

I will be dialing in my clutches for the gates belt next week, the shop that shimmed it for me set it to wide at around .035" so it is going back to have one of the .020 shims removed.

Back
Top Bottom