• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

SBA 800 vs SKIDOO 850 and XRS 800

OutCast

EDIT: I guess the 1st Vid is an XS 800. Can a moderator change the title from 850 to 800?
I know the guy and he has an all black 850.
Looks like I messed up thinking it was his 850 just seeing him pull up and not looking at the sled?
Maybe he was running someone else's.
Damn it I'll change the title!

Our local races were today and lined up against a couple Skidoos...800 and XRS 800.
Under revving a tad but its working decent!

[MEDIA

Last edited:
1.352 Cobra track with clutching and gearing changes.
Could pull better on top didn't have any time to get some testing in before the races.

1.352 Cobra track with clutching and gearing changes.
Could pull better on top didn't have any time to get some testing in before the races.
Looking awesome but,

Looks the the top is lacking a little . Maybe a 1:1 ratio but no overdrive bud .
I know you didn't have much time as you said.

Do you have primary machined for overdrive??
Tip weight??
Shortest belt with tight belt deflection ??
Loose track ??
What primary weights and profile ??

I find on these assaults that the ass end has to be loose , fts at 1", limiter strap pulled tighter , use pro s ifs springs to lower front end a 1/3-3/4"
Looks like your definitely getting a monster going

I had the Daltons loaded to 67.8g I believe it was.
Still about 1/2" from the top of the primary.
Sending 2 clutches in Monday to get machined for OD.
Had the limiter sucked up 1" yes.
Found out after the race the belt was a little loose.
Track was free hanging 3/4".
I landed home on a Friday afternoon from work, and races were Saturday morning. Had to get 3 sleds loaded up for the races. So ya no test time. There's easy 3 lengths left by making adjustment and Clutching changes.
Snow took a beating here and I now have the 2" track back on to go play up North in the Powder on the weekend.
Back to work Wednesday for 2 weeks and then on the 26th or so I'll be putting the Cobra back on and doing some tuning!

Back
Top Bottom