• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

SLP stage 3 or 4

800imp

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
20 switchback assault 850
Anyone running either stage. Looking for feedback. Going to do something over the summer. Not sure if i will get it ported yet.

The Porting gives the sled a nice bit of extra power. It’s noticeable over the stage 3.
As long as you know how to use a PCV and make adjustments then go with the stage 4.
SLPs gear is pretty reliable but myself I like to keep it dialed in for max performance.
You will however be able to load a map and be safe for regular use.

Thanks.
SLP has switched to using a bullydog now. I will have to talk to them about using a PCV. I already have one with ignition. I'll see if they have maps and what the performance differences are.

Did you have the porting done on 15+ 800 or the older one? Some say porting the newer 800 isn't worth it.?

You could use the BD programmer for sure. It’s supposed to “self tune”
I haven’t ported my 17 SBA, but there’s always gains to be had over factory specs. Guys have ported them and reported back with positive results.
I had my Dragon and INDY done and there’s noticeable power gain.

You could use the BD programmer for sure. It’s supposed to “self tune”
I haven’t ported my 17 SBA, but there’s always gains to be had over factory specs. Guys have ported them and reported back with positive results.
I had my Dragon and INDY done and there’s noticeable power gain.

Do you know if the SLP ported ones run consistent.? I've had my fill of inconsistent running sleds from pipes and porting that no amount of map adjustments could cure.

I think when we go to the porting stage of modding an engine it’s expected that there’s going to be some tweaking.
I would talk to SLP and ask them for an honest response on how the BD will Manage the Air fuel for a daily driver sled.

Back
Top Bottom