• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Snow Check 2022 ... hmmmmmmm

Bontz

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
40+
Snowmobile
2022 XCR 650 (if it ever shows up!)
So now that I'm officially sledless for the season, I at least have some excitement for Snow Check again this Spring. My gut tells me mostly BNG's for the VR1 lineup - which honestly, I'm OK with as long as the price doesn't go up even further. I know the majority of folks haven't been able to ride yet, but I'm curious where we should expect to see improvements?

- Sounds like the seat latch and the lack of actually securing it is a big question mark?
- Headlight condensation?
- 7s glitches? I've read about the fuel mode and fuel levels being a bit of an issue - what else?
- Any mechanical issues that seem to be a common concern?

I'll be looking at my same sled (850 VR1 with the Storm 1.5 track 137") but the Assault continues to pique my interest. The biggest question mark in my mind is the Launch vs. VR1 and if the shocks make a huge difference ... because honestly, the 7s - as cool as it is - just isn't something I really NEED.

My crystal ball says matrix in Xcr perhaps prox trim. And 2 stroke turbo for flat land and mountains. Landing somewhere between 175 and 200hp.

Bontz what happend to your matrix ?Push it off to next year? That’s what I did. I had an assault coming but said screw it keep what I got see what happens next year. Dealer was fine with it also.

I’m wondering the same thing. What happened with your sled?

As far as 22 goes I’m sure there will be a XCR in Matryx clothing. Probably another watered down version that will need the shocks revalved. The way this winter is going I’ll probably keep my sleds for a second season, with our northern border closed my mileage will be a lot lower this season.

Add the 1.75” Hurricane as an option for the Assault. The plastics painted again. Choice of plastic base color with separate choice of plastic ascent color. Still would like to see the jack shaft and driveshaft go back to the greasable version. More durable idler wheel bearings. Wish list: add 10hp for a 840ho? 650 turbo?

I've been fighting some arm/nerve (maybe even disc - but haven't agreed to get a scan yet) issues the past month and it just hasn't gotten any better. I figured, even if it does improve, riding probably isn't going to help it heal/keep it healthy so I took a gamble earlier this week, and listed my sled for sale. The price was just a hair higher than I paid for it, so I figured I'm either going to get my asking price or just keep my sled for next year. It sold the same day I listed it.

As far as why I'd do that, in addition to the arm issues I figured the season is gonna be probably half over by the time I "may" feel better. So selling it while the market is strong just made sense. Now I get to look forward to Snow Check 2022.

I like the thinking of an XCR ... would love to see that. I also would like to see Polaris expand on their configurable options, and offer other shock pacgages (like the Fox QS3). Finally, I hope they can address the paint (finish of the paint) that scratches so easily. When a clean microfiber cloth creates swirls and fine scratches ... something's wrong!!

Hope ya feel better. I’ve been laid up also with another herniAted disk. So it’s not killing me that there is no good snow right now. I might even keep my 20 Xcr for a 3rd year to ride. And build a sled for drags only

Sorry to hear about the herniated disc ... it sucks getting old!!! I hate to see a crappy winter, but if I can't ride and I don't have to worry about snow removal duty while I'm fighting this arm issue? I can deal with it LOL

Sorry to hear about your issues, but good to hear you got it sold easily. I just sold a sled 2 weeks ago. I posted it for sale, and within an hour had over 10 people saying they had cash in hand. Had it sold an hour later.

As for the shock difference, I can't honestly tell a difference from my buddy's Assault with the velocity shocks vs. the ride on my launch edition. I really wanted the VR1, but didn't snow check, and got sick of calling every week to every dealership looking for one. My only requirements were to have a 137", 850, matryx chasis, and the 7s display. A good dealership contacted me and told me they would be willing to swap a 7s display into a launch edition for me, and so I bought it.

So far no issues on my VR1 identified although I do recall questioning the fuel gauge as it seemed generous compared to what was show on my wife’s Rush.

She has a 12 gallon tank and by the time hers showed below 1/2 tank mine was still showing 80%. However we both put in about the same amount of fuel at the pump upon refill.

Maybe it can be recalibrated with a simple self performed flash update?

I’m having issue with the fuel gauge on my 850. It worked initially but now it’s not, I filled both sleds up and both have the same miles on them the 650 show 70 percent while the 850 is on empty. I’m going to top off the tank again and see if the gauge moves, and probably bring it in to my dealer.

Would be nice if the 7s had a page for fuel economy stats.

I think there is going to be a matryx like mountain sled but maybe different panels again, more light weight stuff.

Turbo 850 should be coming.

To LID and BONTZ..... I hope you guys heal up and feel better soon.
This Winter sure is panning out to be the Winter to have reasons that would hold you back from getting miles logged in.
I did 100 miles of Rough Rock Riding a few days ago. Debatable as to whether it was worth it or not.
Went clear to the Canadian Border of NH and crossed into the Maine Northern border.
Trails were either hammered down to nearly nothing or you found 8" of powder setting on dirt.
No snow in site in the long range forecast and I'm gonna try practicing my patience again. SUCKS!

As far as SnowCheck... Guessing Matryx goes to the Mountain sleds and the 7S Gauge will be a paid for Accessory.

I’d like to see them go back to the Axys style seat storage, the new style has less room and in it.

The guage is awesome but yes it has some flaws here being the original release program. I think they can easily make it better with an update. The fuel guage is off and mine sometimes bugs out on the map moving around on its own and needs restarted.

The molded in color sucks probably the biggest flaw of the matryx. I hope they paint the plastic in the future.

But overall this sled is amazing and I really like it a lot. might keep this one a while.

for 2021 im expecting a price increase
RMK's with 850 turbo and a mountain matryx platform
XCR matryx
maybe even a surprise 4 stroke sled?
dynamix suspension?

IMO if they can pump out 25-30hp from the 650 with a turbo that is a better way to go with a turbo and drop the 840. Two choices, a 650 with or without a turbo. The mountain guys still get a sled with 160hp at elevation as well as the flat landers. They can focus on getting one engine platform right. If the current 650 pulls hard to 80, a turbo should get it to pull hard to 100. 800cc and + twin engines with the epa restrictions have been finicky.

IMO if they can pump out 25-30hp from the 650 with a turbo that is a better way to go with a turbo and drop the 840. Two choices, a 650 with or without a turbo. The mountain guys still get a sled with 160hp at elevation as well as the flat landers. They can focus on getting one engine platform right. If the current 650 pulls hard to 80, a turbo should get it to pull hard to 100. 800cc and + twin engines with the epa restrictions have been finicky.

whoa there
the 650 is a great sled BUT its definitely not even close to a replacement for an 850. They have 35 less hp then the 850(135 vs 170). And sure guys can argue and bs all day comparing 650 to this or that. But its still WAY less hp. And the price is insane for that class. Let alone if they put a turbo on it. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom