• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Speedo Cluster Issues 2006 Fusion 600

Marc

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2006 Fusion 600H.O.
Hi Guys, Looking for some help with an issue with my electronic speedo cluster on my 2006 fusion 600. Posted my sled up for sale and wanted to start it up to make sure it was running well and discovered an issue with my reverse lamp. While it is running the reverse indicator light is dimly lite, when I put it in reverse it blinks as it should, press the button again to go back to forward and light is still on. I took the 2 wire harness plugs apart located at the front and cleaned them well with contact cleaner. Put everything back together and problem still exists. Anyone have any ideas? Looking to sell this machine to get a newer switchback.

Hi Guys, Looking for some help with an issue with my electronic speedo cluster on my 2006 fusion 600. Posted my sled up for sale and wanted to start it up to make sure it was running well and discovered an issue with my reverse lamp. While it is running the reverse indicator light is dimly lite, when I put it in reverse it blinks as it should, press the button again to go back to forward and light is still on. I took the 2 wire harness plugs apart located at the front and cleaned them well with contact cleaner. Put everything back together and problem still exists. Anyone have any ideas? Looking to sell this machine to get a newer switchback.

Did you look at the switch near the reverse?

Sorry but I haven't had much experience trouble shooting problems like this. Can you describe what I'm looking for, and the location? Are you thinking it may be a bad switch? Thanks in advance Mrsled for any direction you can provide on this.

Yes it could be a bad switch or dirty contact on the switch or the sensor on the reverse.

If you are familiar with this model can you describe the location and what I'm looking for?

If you are familiar with this model can you describe the location and what I'm looking for?

I am not to familiar with that sled but when this happens, the switch could be bad or something is not completely allowing the switch to turn the light off even tho it allowed it to switch it back into drive. On some sleds there is a pick up by the reverse actuator. You have a gear driven reverse on this sled correct? or was the Fusion 600 reverse the motor for reverse?

The fusion reverse is the motor. When you hit the reverse button the motor shuts down and restarts in reverse. Vise versa.

The fusion reverse is the motor. When you hit the reverse button the motor shuts down and restarts in reverse. Vise versa.

Then the reverse light problem should be in the switch on the bars or the CDI not sure if they have a sensor on the motor to tell the CDI its switched it maybe all done in the CDI. Sorry I wish I was more help.

Thanks for trying! Will do some more investigating.

Back
Top Bottom