• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

squealing type noise ????

2275badbike

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2021 switchback
I have a 21 850 pro r switchback purchased new a year ago . It has about 1100 miles on it. Last trip last march it picked up a slight noise under part throttle under a load , Imagine a twisty trail going up a hill . I would describe the noise a a squeak or squeal comes on about 16 mph and either goes away or becomes un audible around 22 mph.
given the reputation of jack shaft and chain case bearings, i pulled the case cover and jack shaft to inspect the bearings, neither have any rough spots and both appear to have plenty of grease. I believe the noise to be coming from the clutch side .

Thoughts? I have myself almost talked into thinking crank bearing , but id have a hard time thinking it would come on and go away so quickly .
I should also mention that the sled has to be driven about a mile before the noise will present its self.

What about the driveshaft bearing? Did you pull the cover and look at that?

sure its not just a simple belt issue

Ive not pulled the drive shaft cover but plan to do that tonight . I actually didn't think about the belt , being that the sleds already moving .

Simplicity sometimes goes a long ways. I would look at the belt myself. I would wash and break in the belt and see where you are? If the noise persist during break in, I guess simplicity wasn't the answer!

watch your engine. mine just did that exact same thing and put a rod through the block

belt seemed to fix the issue. psa the sled didn't like the ultra max belt i put on it.

watch your engine. mine just did that exact same thing and put a rod through the block
Belt seemed to fix the issue.. I have warranty through next year , but that would kill a trip!

Back
Top Bottom