• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Studding the 144

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
Getting my stuff ready for when my new assault comes in. Going to be Studding it with 171 studs down the middle. Single and double backers.
I'm going with a 2/4/2/4/2/4 pattern .
I'm using light weight stud stars on singles with chisels . The doubles are hornets or triggers . All studs are going to be 1/2" above lug . I like to mix my studs as this gives the best traction and holeshots .

The 144 has 57 panels. That pattern will end with the same as the beginning stud number. Is that ok??

I'm going to work it out .
Probably a pattern of 5 slightly repeated .
I use a V pattern measured manually. No jigs cause they suck as patterns for 60' times in my opinion.

3 studs per bar gives you 171 and you won't have the issue with the last 2 bars being the same.
Or a 4-3-2 pattern would end up at 171 also.

I'm going with 3 per bar, all singles, triggers.

Since me and haulin are going with back 9" wheels.
We're going 3 studs per bar now. No studs in Center as we have 3 back wheels with one directly in Center, I'm not studding in Center or outter. This way no wheels are running over stud backers . 171 studs:D

Anyone know how much penetration the 1.630 Triggers are going to end up at. Also noticed they now have them in 1.575 as well. 1.352 cobra.

The 1.630" studs will be 1/2" penetration with the cobra

The cobra lugs measure 1.3 new but after a few hundred miles it's 1.25"

1.630 it is then. Thanks

Since me and haulin are going with back 9" wheels.
We're going 3 studs per bar now. No studs in Center as we have 3 back wheels with one directly in Center, I'm not studding in Center or outter. This way no wheels are running over stud backers . 171 studs:D

I'm going with 2 per bar. If needed I'll go with a 4-2-2 for 152.
What do the 9" wheels do?

I'm going with 2 per bar. If needed I'll go with a 4-2-2 for 152.
What do the 9" wheels do?

Bigger means less rotating mass cuz track doesn't bend so sharply at back with small wheels . Look at the drag racers . They all use big back idler wheels

Call tricked toyz in Ontario bud.
Good guys and your American dollar would help too Div20

Me and haulin got 9 inch wheels powder coated matte black with rubber, gonna look sweet:D

Back
Top Bottom