• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Team Tied setups for fast trail riding

haulnash

Curious to see what the gurus think will be a good setup for fast trail riding for the Axys would be. I had purchased a Tied clutch from Indy Dan for my 2012 Pro-R SB 800, and it worked pretty good, but the etec still could win a drag race if over 1000ft. I don't know what helix is in the clutch he sent me. I remember Brock liked to use the TSS-04 with a lot of starting angle for the old 800 motor, but it seems like the guys here that have done a lot of testing are having better luck running less helix angle in this updated mill. Do you think a 66-60 full progressive would be a good starting point for the Tied? My '15 Pro-S 800SB seemed to run pretty good with the Tied, but I'm always looking for more. Sled never had any rpm loss issues. Clutch will potentially be installed in a '16 Pro-X SB. Thanks

YES I DO..LOL THE TIED STATES ADD ABOUT 14 DEGREES TO WHAT YOU ARE RUNNING TO START WITH . IVE USED A 50-44 FULL IN THE TSS O4 AND LOVED IT ALL AROUND. SO DOING THE MATH WOULD PUT YOU AT 64-58. YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO TRY IT OUT TO SEE FOR SURE..

Ok, thanks, Doc. I was hoping you would respond! I was thinking of trying a set of SLP MTX 71g weights with either a 140-330 ( Team green) or a 120-340 (Team bright yellow) primary spring.

I DONT LIKE THAT STRONG OF TENSION IN MY SPRINGS ON THE BIG END..JUST ME..IF YOU GO WITH THE 71 MTX WEIGHTS YOU MIGHT AS WELL PUT THE 3 GRAM RIGHT IN THE TIP TO START OFF, LEAVE THE MIDDLE OPEN FOR NOW. FINISH WITH 290-310 SPRINGS.IMO. MOST THE WEIGHT IN THEM IS IN THE SHOULDER SO IT CAN BE A BIT CONFUSEING ,PUTTING THE 3 IN THE TIP ON A SCALE WILL READ 74. AND YOU WONT BE ABLE TO ADD ANYMORE IF IT OVER REVS, YOU WOULD HAVE TO BACK OFF ON SPRING TENSION OR UP UR FINISH HELIX ANGLE TO DROP IT BACK DOWN..

Well, that's why I came here asking. I will definitely start with a spring you recommend, Doc. Do you have an idea of what spring to use in the Tied? Trying to go off memory, but I think it has a red/black 140-240. The Pro-S had a very good backshift with the spring and helix combo in there.

Last edited:
I LIKE SOFTER SPRINGS ALL THE WAY AROUND, PUT THE 120-200 STOCK SPRING IN THE REAR AND TRY THAT FIRST..I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS COMBO YET BUT IM GOING TO PUT A P2 SEC SPRING IN THE REAR OF A TSS -04, I WILL HAVE TO CUT THE TAB OFF THE SPRING..I LIKE THE TENSION ON THIS SPRING 130/180. MIGHT WORK MIGHT NOT WONT KNOW TILL I TRY..LOL

Back
Top Bottom