• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

TURBO, anyone have a switchback or rush turboed , or thinking about it

micklehick

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2016 axys switchback 800 pro x
just curious to see if anyone has turbo on the 137" switchbacks or even the rush 121" . or if anyone has an opinion on doing something like this. a pump gas kit

I'm assuming you're at or close to sea level. And if you're trail riding you're probably not going to be carrying race gas with you which the mtn guys use to mix in to bump up the octane to handle the boost. And you go through pistons a lot faster. Unless it's a race sled of course.

IMG_0193.JPG
It's not a rush or a switch, but the concept is the same. May have to modify the air intake, the steering on an sks is different.

I'm assuming you're at or close to sea level. And if you're trail riding you're probably not going to be carrying race gas with you which the mtn guys use to mix in to bump up the octane to handle the boost. And you go through pistons a lot faster. Unless it's a race sled of course.
we are at around 1800 ft above , I guess it would be a novelty thing , we normally go up north to trail ride a little bit and scout out the powder, flatlander and race acorss the odd lake . that mtntk kit sounds like it works with my electric start to but is only running 5 psi of boost with hopefully just 91 oct, worth the money for the xtra hp, if I can run just 91 oct, I don't have an issue with having a can of race fuel around to blend it up. if I have to

I'd just give them a call and see what they say. I'm sure they've had other people ask about flatland-ish kits

View attachment 1931 It's not a rush or a switch, but the concept is the same. May have to modify the air intake, the steering on an sks is different.
this option would obviously just be a novelty thing, be the only turbo pro x switchback around our area. lol I kind of like the idea of the mtntk kit that works with my electric start.

There is a guy in our group with a pro x that has the new push turbo kit on it. Silber kits also work. So does full power performance

Back
Top Bottom