• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

What gear to buy?

Wheelz

i am in the market for a new suit. Last couple years I wore klim klimate and liked it but didn't love it. It was warm, almost too warm if it was -5 or warmer. I found the klim gear almost stiff to wear and didn't move with you.

In January and February it can be cold here on the trails. (-25-30 occasionally colder) I am a rider who sits down all the time because I have a disability and use two canes or a wheelchair. trails around here are a mixture of wide trails and twisty trails. I like running fast as possible most of the time. We get quite a bit of spring riding here with warmer temps as well.

I am looking at the motorfist recon( with klim base layer and maybe a mid layer??), redline, or carbide.

anyone have any experience with motorfist? Which of the three would you recommend for my riding style?

Last edited:
I have a Motorfist Carbide outfit and also a Redline jacket. I can tell you it is warm and waterproof in those conditions. And I run with a low windshield on my Pro-S 800. It is very comfortable. No binding no matter how you ride.

I wear all their gear and have been very happy. Klim and MFist are IMHO the top of the line. You won't be sorry.

i am in the market for a new suit. Last couple years I wore klim klimate and liked it but didn't love it. It was warm, almost too warm if it was -5 or warmer. I found the klim gear almost stiff to wear and didn't move with you.

In January and February it can be cold here on the trails. (-25-30 occasionally colder) I am a rider who sits down all the time because I have a disability and use two canes or a wheelchair. trails around here are a mixture of wide trails and twisty trails. I like running fast as possible most of the time. We get quite a bit of spring riding here with warmer temps as well.

I am looking at the motorfist recon( with klim base layer and maybe a mid layer??), redline, or carbide.

anyone have any experience with motorfist? Which of the three would you recommend for my riding style?

Carbide is the nicest IMHO. But then again we all have different body shapes so I would suggest trying them on at a show or nearby dealer. I think the fit on the Redline would be best for pure trail (seated) riding where the Carbide is sort of setup for more active Stand/sit riders.

Back
Top Bottom