• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

What is everyone using for a back up or spare belt?

Bowana

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2022 XCR 850 136
Picking up a non-current Launch Edition XC 850 137 tomorrow and need to buy a ton of things to make it my own. At $250 CDN for a drive belt, I wonder if anyone has other options like the Dayco XTX 5054, Carlisle Ultimax XS801 or 811, or my preference the Gates 47C4387?

They are expensive but I've always had good luck with the life of a Polaris belt. Got almost 4,000 miles on my last one. I'm sure other are good as well. I did run a Gates carbon fiber on my Yamaha Viper and like it. When they break there is no string, just pieces so each to clean up and swap out.

They are expensive but I've always had good luck with the life of a Polaris belt. Got almost 4,000 miles on my last one. I'm sure other are good as well. I did run a Gates carbon fiber on my Yamaha Viper and like it. When they break there is no string, just pieces so each to clean up and swap out.
I managed to find a Gates Carbon Fibre for $142 plus tax which is $100 less than oem so I have a spare and will monitor how long the oem holds up. Used the savings to order a Gears Tunnel Bag for $90 instead of $400.

Back
Top Bottom