• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

What's the Fastest You've Seen an Ultra Go?

FrankieJames7

With SLP Powerdomes and soon PSI Modblasters I'm planning on putting a hurt on SRX's and F7's. I'm also curious about what would the over all top speed be?

I think stock Wedge Storms with a track change are able to hit 110, and am guessing a piped Ultra would be a little more than that given the Ultra has Xtra-10 and has a small HP advantage.

I've seen someone some where post about an improved stock Ultra hitting 117 mph in given amount of distance so that's pretty good.

Mine was far from stock but would run 113mph in 660ft On radar.

Is yours a wedge chasis? If tuned in perfect you should have no problem running in the 120's across the lake with a trail track.

Mine is the Wedge, I am going with rack carbs and SLP domes so I'm hoping I can tune it on the edge. I am switching to the tank Aggressive, but am using all my Wedge parts and bellypan/hood so it isn't 560 pounds anymore. I am switching from a 96 XCR 600 non SP to a 97 SPX for CRC over the summer.

No.It was actually a 714 which is legal for prostock 700 with the overboard percentage.It used 250ktm dirt bike pistons.I no longer have the sled.It made 194hp on the dyno.

They really wake up with pipes and porting. Why not stay with the wedge chasis.Is this a trail sled or just a fun lake racer?

it is going to be a "Wedge" chassis, the aggressive, genII, and wedge are all pretty much the same. I'm doing it for a number of reasons, but the biggest one is the CRC front suspension upgrade. I'm using the wedge hood/bellypan from my XCR

Sounds like it's going to be one hell of a trail sled ...
I had a ultra two up last year and is stock form it ran really good .... Still have my 98 RXL extra 12

i had a 1996 ultra, few times out on the river i had it wrapped up pretty tight, all stock, got real tired of flopping it around in the tight and twisties though, end up dropping the PTO side piston, and dropped a liil 440 liquid in it, best move i ever made for riding in the woods and on tight trails... power to weight ratio really changed, no longer the purple submarine in the powder...LOL

Now just go to 800/880 pump gas BB on that bottom with those cyl. And awayyyyyy you go.

i had a 1996 ultra sp with slp pipe and clutch work in trail forum 106 in 1300 feet and 114 out the back door then had an 680 to 800 Iantomasi big bore case ported and full port all in trail forum pump gas ran 114 in 1300 feet and 124 out the back door the best thing i did to this sled was put a wildwood brake to slow this sled down cant go wrong with triple

Back
Top Bottom