• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

02 edge 500 runs on one cylinder

Trevor Foley

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2002 polaris xc sp F/O
My sled (xcsp 500 2002) runs on only the left cylinder. They both have 120 compression and good spark. The right exhaust valve was snapped when I bought the machine. I thought it would fix the issue when I replaced it but when I start it now with only the right boot on, I have to choke it. What is most strange is that although the cylinder is tight and the plug on the bottom of the engine is tight, it revs extremely high and I instantly remove the choke. It keeps revving for about 30 more seconds then idles down and sputters out and dies. I try to start it again without choking and it fires but doesn't start. Choke it, and the same process starts again. With both boots on and the sled running the right spark plug shows no evidence of exhaust burns on the white part. The same result happens when I swap the boots. I'm new so you folks feel free to invite anybody knowledgable in this department. Thank you.

Sounds like a carb issue and/or fuel contamination.

I agree, sounds like the carbs are not fully clean.

Back
Top Bottom