• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

02 Edge 600 Carb tuning advice

Mtnbkr738

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris edge 600
Hi All
I rebuilt this really nice sled. Its gonna be the "backup" or the "bring a friend sled"

New pistons, exhaust valves, bellows, jets.

Sled has pipe and clutch.

QUESTION if you watch video... It seems kinda boggy on the low end.. Any suggestions on what adjustment to tweak next?

Video here:

THX!!

Assuming the choke cable freeplay is correct and they aren't leaking, what are the air screws set to? I think factory is 2 turns out.

Also have the reeds ever been replaced? Given their age they could be getting weak.

Assuming the choke cable freeplay is correct and they aren't leaking, what are the air screws set to? I think factory is 2 turns out.

Also have the reeds ever been replaced? Given their age they could be getting weak.
1) yes choke cable is correct
2) just fyi when choke is 1/2 way on... engine bogs down (just fyi it doesnt help issue if choke is on)
3) manual says 1.75 turns.
4) at 1.75 engine bogged... and backfired
5) video is at 1.25
6) Reeds have NOT been replaced... never thought of that.
7)fyi its -5 outside at test

is reeds my next step or go to 1.0 ??? thx!!

Is it spitting back excessively into the airbox after its been ridden a while?

Hmm, usually if the reeds are going it'll soak the airbox pretty good, so hard to condemn them just yet. Plus looking back at your post last year, they didn't look half bad.
You spoke of top end issues with the sled in posts last year, did you ever get it sorted out then? Have the clutches been cleaned and new springs installed? those 20 year old springs are shot at this point, just from sitting slightly compressed.
Also if the primary springs weak could be causing early engagement and the bog...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom