• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

10' Assault 800 Turbo.....

Maydaze

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris Assault 800
First thread for the IQ RMK/Assault thread. Just wanted to post a small video of my nephews 10' Assault 800 Turbo. Awesome sled to show that Poo's can be modded and beat 4 strokers at their own game. Indy Dan lower end, ported jug and matching head for a Turbo motor specifically. Big ass new turbo added last year after the old one came apart. It's still a work in progress. It's been out to DTR where it made 267HP @ 11 pounds of boost. It should make close to 300HP with more boost, but it needs to be realiable.....ya ok. Looking for a 4 arm primary to replace the stock Polaris clutch this season. It's been at several hill climbs over the past 2 years and now with a 1.5" lug track and studded it will be down on the ice for some runs this year. The video is from last riding season in April and it was close to 50 degrees.......not ideal for optimum performance.

Awesome to see there are others who build the 800s for boost !!! I have my own """PET """ its 800 rev lake racer turbo. Will be at the big moose shootout with it this yr maybe we can do some grude racing ?? they sure are fun and do make good power. best wishes for ya.

Well I just talked to my nephew this past weekend, he is the one who owns the sled. If you listen to the video, it hits hard then mellows out. It was close to 50 degrees that day and he just assumed it was due to the temperature. Well the turbo that has less than a day in total hours on it is junk. Seals and bearing are history. Its a Garrett that has it own oil reservoir, oil pump and coolant lines. Not sure what happened, but Garrett asked for it to be sent back for diagnosis. So my nephew just ordered up a new Garrett oil less turbo. Sealed bearings. On its way to have the new turbo in stalled and some more tuning. Without any snow there's alot of time to tune.......this winter sucks so far.

please feel free to call me for advice, there are some shady garrett copies out there .. 603 401 8897.
you can ask Jim at DTR about me. that 703 hp record at DTR is Me and the Emerys.

FWIW, a garrett ball bearing turbo will live for yrs with nothing more than a simple STOCK impulse fuel pump supplying oil to it.. many of my friends use them and I do as well. no battery no worry..

Back
Top Bottom