• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

'17 Assault 800 vs. '17 MXZ-X 850 Video!

They can't handle the truth. Video goes along with all the mag reviews so far which are not saying much good about the ski doo. On top of the fact that they don't even come with adjustable shocks, and the dealers are limited in how many they are allowed to sell.

When I got the invite to attend, I had no idea the 850 Doo would be there. Once I realized how much of an opportunity this was after arriving, I was hoping we would get the chance to line them up. Luckily, Lisa and Brian from Laconia HK as well as Kevin and Dean from Hooksett HK were already thinking like me!
I've 8 hours into making these vids. I'm glad it's lighting up these forums!

Good job and I'm jealous ,lol
Wish I had that opportunity to race those new sleds,lol
Good job on the vids and music as I'm an old head banger too so I can relate.

What I got out of your vids is this.

It's all about the hole shot and traction to win as we all know. I see it that the 850 is on par with the other 800 mills and I knew this was going take place as 5-10 hp more doesn't clearly give a winner over another. To be way farther ahead, 20 hp+ and 5-10 ft/lbs of torque will get this.
This outcome is no surprise to me.

But on a + side for Doo boys, that engine should take mods a lot nicer then just the regular di e tec.

But here's the kicker for me.
The 850 Doo is $3000.00 + more out the door over an assault axys 800 in Canadian money. Haulin is a long time Doo guy and he priced both and gets great deals on doo's since he's been buying for 25+ years. He and I both choose an axys assault 800 along with more Doo guys. Four year warranty ,less money and a fast mill in a great chassis is a no brainer to some of us.
Good job on vids

How is the ride on the 850 doo? Is it like the axys? I really want to ride one see what it's like

Thanks Brock! I knew you of all people would enjoy the vids as well know that drag racing these sleds is more about the holeshot and driving. Some of the riders didn't keep the throttle pinned all the way up the slope because of the rough terrain. I did. My 1st vid where we race both sleds, I rode the 850 as hard as I rode the Assault. The Assault was a little easier to drive because it handled the 1st jump so well...most likely from having a longer track. I almost had to back off on the throttle on the Doo when I hit this 1st lip/jump because it stood up almost completely on end. I was ready for it and leaned into the wind as hard as I could to prevent from flipping over backwards. The vid doesn't show how rough the course was. They are both good sleds.
The Assault ride was very firm, which I attribute to being new and not having a chance to check the clicker settings. The Doo ride was the complete opposite being very plush but still manageable. remember, the doo had over 1500 hard miles on it. I did notice towards the end of the day that the Assault's ride had improved and wasn't as stiff. The one thing that IMPRESSED me the most was the Assaults REAR SKID. It hands down handles big bumps MUCH better than my Rush/Axys.

Thanks Brock! I knew you of all people would enjoy the vids as well know that drag racing these sleds is more about the holeshot and driving. Some of the riders didn't keep the throttle pinned all the way up the slope because of the rough terrain. I did. My 1st vid where we race both sleds, I rode the 850 as hard as I rode the Assault. The Assault was a little easier to drive because it handled the 1st jump so well...most likely from having a longer track. I almost had to back off on the throttle on the Doo when I hit this 1st lip/jump because it stood up almost completely on end. I was ready for it and leaned into the wind as hard as I could to prevent from flipping over backwards. The vid doesn't show how rough the course was. They are both good sleds.
The Assault ride was very firm, which I attribute to being new and not having a chance to check the clicker settings. The Doo ride was the complete opposite being very plush but still manageable. remember, the doo had over 1500 hard miles on it. I did notice towards the end of the day that the Assault's ride had improved and wasn't as stiff. The one thing that IMPRESSED me the most was the Assaults REAR SKID. It hands down handles big bumps MUCH better than my Rush/Axys.
That's good to hear Lenn. As for the Assault suspension softening up I totally agree with you on this. My 2015 AXYS Pro S was relatively stiff when I first rode the sled but softened up immensely after some miles on it. It softened up so much that I put the Pro X front spring on it and a spring rated for 280 pound riders on the rear. The difference in ride was huge! I left the front springs on the IFS alone tho as I was satisfied with the front end.

When hp is within 10 or so there will never be a clear winner as I said.
Weight and rotating mass plays a huge part. Everyone knows the poo has a great chassis to get power to the ground, and in the past 3 years have lost weight too. That truly shows .

Doo guys don't want to admit it, but the success of the axys has pushed Doo to make this new chassis and the 850 mill.

Gonna be fun this coming winter.

Can't wait!!!!

Much easier to read the text... thank you. :)

Looks like the doo boys better go back to the drawing board.

This has been funny in the last few days and entertaining. The poo boyz are grinning from ear to ear and the Doo boyz are coming up with more excuses then imaginable,lol

Different day, different race= different results

Back
Top Bottom