• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

1992 Polaris Indy 440 Suspension swap

Robert H

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
1992 Polaris Indy 440
1993 Polaris Indy Special 580
Hello, I'm in the process of rebuilding the rear suspension on my 1992 Polaris Indy 440 and was wondering if I could just swap it out with a better suspension that I have from a 1993 Polaris XLT Special (with rebuildable fix shocks and more suspension adjustments)? it looks like it might bolt up just fine, but was wondering if there are any known issues with this (ex. Torque arms hit track, etc)? Any advice is welcome I appreciate the help in advance!

Hello, I'm in the process of rebuilding the rear suspension on my 1992 Polaris Indy 440 and was wondering if I could just swap it out with a better suspension that I have from a 1993 Polaris XLT Special (with rebuildable fix shocks and more suspension adjustments)? it looks like it might bolt up just fine, but was wondering if there are any known issues with this (ex. Torque arms hit track, etc)? Any advice is welcome I appreciate the help in advance!

As long as the hole centers match from the center of driver to the center of the first hole and from the first hole to the 2nd hole mount and the same mount distance down from inside of tunnel to those holes is same. Make sense?

Yeah that makes sense! Thanks for the help! Any chance you know those measurements? I've searched everywhere for the measurements for the 1993 Polaris XLT Special. I have the 1992 Polaris Indy 440 in the garage so I can get those. Having trouble finding anything on the web of those dimensions. Thanks again!

Yeah that makes sense! Thanks for the help! Any chance you know those measurements? I've searched everywhere for the measurements for the 1993 Polaris XLT Special. I have the 1992 Polaris Indy 440 in the garage so I can get those. Having trouble finding anything on the web of those dimensions. Thanks again!

I wish I had them for you. I was hoping that someone would chime in with dimensions.

If I recall correctly the 93 was a one year suspension offering (ITS Improved Transfer Suspension) which was replaced with the XC 100 in 94. Pretty sure that mounting locations were the same up until the Xtra 10 in 96.

Back
Top Bottom