• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

1st polaris - need advise with my 2011 Assault

Mark Wall

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2011 Assault Switchback
I just bought a 2011 Assault 800 and have never owned a polaris before. Long time skidoo owner. Looking for any advise on what to look for on this sled. It has 2500 miles on it.
Thanks

I have one as well with about 1800 miles, love the sled, took the engine apart this fall to check since I had read about the piston skirt collapse issues. Glad I did, Cylinder bore looked good and measured good but when I sent it to Indy Specialties they found a crack on the intake side cylinder skirt, so they are getting me an exchange cylinder and will be honing it, I am also doing the RK tek rev2 kit for a little extra power, they also have direct replacement pistons and are very nice guys to deal with. I measured my pistons and was shocked to see the amount of skirt collapse, the skirts measured 3.331 and 3.329. Cylinder bore is about 3.3465. So doing the pistons was something I planned to do for peace of mind and ended up saving me having to replace the whole engine by catching the crack before it came apart and took the crank and case with it. All in all still very happy with the sled and once done it will take care of the weak piston issue polaris has with these motors.

Back
Top Bottom