• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2000 700 RMK Cooling System

highlandjeeper

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2000 RMK 700
1997 RMK XLT
I acquired this sled a couple winters ago, and I am finally getting to putting it in shape for the season. Turns out that this thing was a basket case due to the previous owners handy work. Every turn unveils another surprise, but I've come this far, so I refuse to give up.

Last weekend I pulled the motor out to go through all the steering and give the belly pan a wash, since it was already 80% apart. Now that I am back on the go-together, I noticed a worn spot on one of the coolant hoses. I pulled up the parts diagram to get a pt# for the hose and was confused, because the diagram didn't match what I have in front of me.

After running some numbers, this thing has the head and water pump system from a 1998 700, with no bypass and no thermostat. From what I understand, the Gen II machines got the bypass. Was there problems with the Gen I 700's that I should round up the parts and put a bypass system back in, or will it be fine?

Back
Top Bottom