• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2000 xcr

polaris754

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
17 xcr 800, 2000 xcr 800 x2 95 xlt sp
hi all lookin for clues.. sleds been running great last 6 years,, was out yesterday appears center and mag cyl have cold pipes , got comp and spark new plugs look dry only running on pto cyl, ever seen anything before like this hard to think both carbs messed up when i choke it rpms go up mean it throttles up but its not right and its lean uncontrolled idol

hi all lookin for clues.. sleds been running great last 6 years,, was out yesterday appears center and mag cyl have cold pipes , got comp and spark new plugs look dry only running on pto cyl, ever seen anything before like this hard to think both carbs messed up when i choke it rpms go up mean it throttles up but its not right and its lean uncontrolled idol
Make sure the clean those carbs good, you could have a stuck floats. Also check to see if you have clear pipes, I had a mouse build a nest in the silencer and had a similar affect.

i have seen one stuck never 2 whats the odds

sled is used every year , i use fitch fuel catalysts, this happened on 3 rd trip this year

sled is used every year , i use fitch fuel catalysts, this happened on 3 rd trip this year
Try putting some gas in the cyinders that are not firing and see if they fire, then you know they are not getting fuel.

yep my thoughts as well gotta wait a few days just had a heart cath done gotta throw the pipes back on and ill get the wife to spray the fuel

The Fitch catalysts only kill off any bacteria present to slow the fuel degredation, nothing more, despite their claims. You could still be building deposits on the jets, especially with crap ethanol that hates brass.
Where are you primarily buying gas? Something with good detergent, or mostly at trailside pitstops with nothing in it?

Well that kind of rules that out, thats what I primarily run too, but still worth checking the bowls just in case.

well decided to pull motor apart , on the way checked carbs , found pto carb slide broke ,, jammed in reed cage , what's crazy it was only running on pto cyl , pulled wires off center and mag , still ran pulled pto it died,, since I was that far into it i decided to throw some new rings in,, replaced the slides with the black ones,, fired it up yesterday ,, all good thanks all for the input,, just a heads up I did try to spray fuel thru carbs and cup the carb intake didn't do nuttin prior

well decided to pull motor apart , on the way checked carbs , found pto carb slide broke ,, jammed in reed cage , what's crazy it was only running on pto cyl , pulled wires off center and mag , still ran pulled pto it died,, since I was that far into it i decided to throw some new rings in,, replaced the slides with the black ones,, fired it up yesterday ,, all good thanks all for the input,, just a heads up I did try to spray fuel thru carbs and cup the carb intake didn't do nuttin prior
Awesome!! At least you have it figured out and fixed. Nice work.

Back
Top Bottom