• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2001 xcsp edge

jim

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris
Looking at buying a 2001 xcsp 700 Edge. I read in a forum that there might be some concerns regarding the motor. They talked about high compression, 110 octane fuel, shaved heads and pistons. Are these legitimate concerns on a stock sled.

Looking at buying a 2001 xcsp 700 Edge. I read in a forum that there might be some concerns regarding the motor. They talked about high compression, 110 octane fuel, shaved heads and pistons. Are these legitimate concerns on a stock sled.

Stock sled.. I would run at least 91 octane in any sled, no matter the mods or stock. Thats just me. Non Ethanol preferred.

Stock sled.. I would run at least 91 octane in any sled, no matter the mods or stock. Thats just me. Non Ethanol preferred.
My boat my UTV as well as my sleds all drink 93 octane. But it would be greatly appreciated if someone could calm my fears about the xcsp 700 motor. Thanx

My boat my UTV as well as my sleds all drink 93 octane. But it would be greatly appreciated if someone could calm my fears about the xcsp 700 motor. Thanx

93 is getting harder and harder to find. Most pumps only carry 91. Anyway, i will let someone else chime in that actually knows more about that sled.

If the sled is stock no. Run the best non ethanol fuel you can get. 91 octane non ethanol will be fine. That sled may have had the timing advance on the key. If it does, Run it in the lower performance key setting if you want a little safety edge. Is it a 01 or the 01,5 that was a late release with the ves motor? Now all that aside, if it had those changes made to it, walk away, unless you want to constantly be worried.

91 is a safer bet then 93.
93 octane usually has ethanol in it.
Ethanol bumps up the octane rating by 2 when added to any fuel.

I think the 600 was a better sled that year, if I were in your position I would buy that, but hey its your money good luck!

Back
Top Bottom