• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2002 Polaris Classic 500

cnybian

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2002 Polaris Classic
Picked up a 2002 Polaris Classic 500 for my kids to ride. My first Polaris, too. Did a bunch of google searches and there does not seem to be a lot of information out there about them - aka, the good and the bad things to watch out for.

Also did some searching on parts and what other years they were used on. Seems like the 2002 Classic and 2003 Supersport were the only "sister" years?

Anyone have any links they would care to share so I can do some additional reading before posting stupid questions that are answered elsewhere?

Thanks!

Many of the chassis, body and driveline components were the same as other "Edge" style chassis. Polaris, and others, would put a different motor and graphics on the same chassis and just like magic they have a whole new model. That's a good thing when they get older, parts are plentiful and cheap.

Engines is where you'll find the bigger differences. The Super Sports all had a 550CC fan cooled engine. Your machine has a 500CC liquid cooled piston port old style Fuji engine.

Ask any questions you like I'm sure there's enough people on here to answer almost anything.

Back
Top Bottom