• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2002 polaris xc 700 edge questions

Polaris87

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2002 polaris xc 700 edge
Picked up a 2002 polaris xc 700 edge with 6600 miles. I have a couple questions. Where can i find replacement oem reeds for this sled. Looked on polaris oem sight and it says obsolete. Spi makes petals but i dont like there there stuff. Also with the high miles should i look into oil pump replacement? Ive read when they faill they hang wide open. Anyway to test oil pump on these? Thanks

I would get a set of VForce for it, even Polaris gave up on their crappy reeds and use VForce as their OEM in all the newer machines since '15.

I would be more concerned with changing the water pump belt, that also drives the oil pump, than I would be with the pump itself.

I had one of those 2002 700's, best running year of them all when kept tuned up.

I would get a set of VForce for it, even Polaris gave up on their crappy reeds and use VForce as their OEM in all the newer machines since '15.

I would be more concerned with changing the water pump belt, that also drives the oil pump, than I would be with the pump itself.

I had one of those 2002 700's, best running year of them all when kept tuned up.
Ok. Do i need to rejet for those vforce reeds?

Not the main jets. Probably have to tweak the fuel screw a little to clean up the idle. Also the reeds "break in" after 100 miles or so, might be a little temperamental starting and idling until then.

Back
Top Bottom