• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2003 PROx 800 HELP!!

Dj Jeep

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2003 Pro x 800
2002 XCSP 500
My Prox started running a bit rough (and by rough- about 5 miles from home it seemed to have fouled a plug... not the normal pic up and seemed to spit and sputter a bit at lower rpm; that said it also didnt have the top end it had as well, so I didnt push knowing I was a long walk from anything. I made it home and changed out the plugs and it seemed "ok" up and down my street. This past Tuesday I had the day off and was going to ride with my lady, and my sled again was running rough and appears to run on one cylinder. I also noticed that BOTH of my headlights are out- but my dash cluster and my tail/break light work fine.
To date; I have done a compression test, both cylinders register exactly 140. I have cleaned the carbs TWICE, they were dirty but that doesn't change how it runs. I have switched coils with my girlfriends sled, that doesnt change anything. New plugs doesn't change anything. I have swapped wires to the alternate plug, checked the reeds (Power 3 reeds and nothing wrong) I've checked my exhaust valves as well. My coolant is where it should be. I am at a loss. So what is next? Voltage regulator, even though I have lights? I do not know that they are related? I have been told to check my fuel tank pick up, but The jugs are getting fuel as the plugs are wet every time- it will hold an idle but rough (previous owner had the idle set at just around 3,000rpms for take off) currently idling around 1,500-1,800- I have put about 450 miles on and have had not a single problem including a couple rides of 70+ miles. Any suggestions I would love.

MrSled

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
SideWinder
Are you sure the carbs are clean and have you done a compression check?

Dj Jeep

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2003 Pro x 800
2002 XCSP 500
carbs were cleaned twice and yes compression was 140 in each cylinder. It is all for not know, I traded it toward a 2008

MrSled

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
SideWinder
carbs were cleaned twice and yes compression was 140 in each cylinder. It is all for not know, I traded it toward a 2008

Well good luck with your new ride.

Top Bottom