• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2004 edge sport touring loses power after warmed up.

laredoggg

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2004 polaris sport touring
I have a 2004 sport touring that used to do 60+ mph. Now it only gets up to 55 mph then loses complete power after warming up. After it cools down it will run good again until it warms up. The psi is 120 in both cylinders when cold then drops to 110 psi when warm. The carbs are perfectly clean. Could this be a clutch issue or ??? Thxs

Thankyou for the reply. I did spray around the left side crank seal and the boots with no idle change. Could be either ? the sled does have 5400 miles. I'll tear into it again when the weather warms up above zero degrees. Much appreciated diagnosis. Thxs

I would clean the clutches and definitely replace the springs, those 18yr old ones in there are bagged out by now and likely not giving you full backshift which could be causing excessive heat to the belt.

Back
Top Bottom