• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2005 iq fst touring fuel pump

Rodney bork

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2005 polaris iq fst touring
Hello . I havent run my 2005 iq fst for 2 years due to lack of snow. I had fuel conditioner in it when I last put it away. Anyway I trying to get it going again and the fuel pump is dead. No response when you give it 12v directly to the red+ and brown- wires. Anybody know of a suitable replacement other than a factory pump as they are very pricey?? and im not sure they are worth it. The sled ran good when it was parked 2 years ago.
Thanks

Hello . I havent run my 2005 iq fst for 2 years due to lack of snow. I had fuel conditioner in it when I last put it away. Anyway I trying to get it going again and the fuel pump is dead. No response when you give it 12v directly to the red+ and brown- wires. Anybody know of a suitable replacement other than a factory pump as they are very pricey?? and im not sure they are worth it. The sled ran good when it was parked 2 years ago.
Thanks

Have you looked on ebay or salvage yards?

I did check napa and a sled wrecker ...didnt have any luck so ordered one from polaris. Will put it in when it shows up. Not sure if it comes with clamps or not but will see when it gets here..likely take the assembly in and get the dealer to squeeze on the clamps when it shows up. Thanks

I did check napa and a sled wrecker ...didnt have any luck so ordered one from polaris. Will put it in when it shows up. Not sure if it comes with clamps or not but will see when it gets here..likely take the assembly in and get the dealer to squeeze on the clamps when it shows up. Thanks

Give me some feedback on how it goes, ok?

Yes, Quantum fuel systems, I had to replace mine (at the dealer 699.00) and at quantum who makes the pumps for Polaris 99.00.

I recieved and put in the fuel pump yesterday,flushed out the old gas and it fired right up.. Im good to go. My pump from polaris was $280 in canada. I was kind of surprised as i thought it would be alot more. It came with new clamps and bottom fitting and I got a tool for $30 (Wire shipper) from canadian tire that worked good to tighten them. The polaris guy said side cutters also work for tightening them. fyi thanks for your help.

I recieved and put in the fuel pump yesterday,flushed out the old gas and it fired right up.. Im good to go. My pump from polaris was $280 in canada. I was kind of surprised as i thought it would be alot more. It came with new clamps and bottom fitting and I got a tool for $30 (Wire shipper) from canadian tire that worked good to tighten them. The polaris guy said side cutters also work for tightening them. fyi thanks for your help.

It also came with the hard plastic brackets and the rubber sleeve. I put a 2rd clamp around the body..new tie straps to hold it all together. used petroleum lubricant OVER the hoses before tisghtening the new clamps...they are tight..I do believe you can overtighten the large clamps and cave in the fuel pump...I noticed one of my clamps has slightly compressed in the body of the pump. anyway it is working as is. Put a ss hose clamp over the fuel pickup fitting hoping it will stay on. On my old assembly that fitting was not attached and the screen on the pump was dirty as it is small and did all the primary filtering, also likely would run out of fuel faster....fyi Thanks

Awesome!! Glad you got her fixed.

Back
Top Bottom