• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2006 FS 750 Touring Stop switch, thether, or kill switch not shutting down engine.

paulroy2011

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
FS 750
Hi all, I just purchased a 2006 FS 750 and when I turn the switch to stop position it doesn't stop. I have to push the kill switch. I have checked all the wiring and switch for continuity and everything is ok. The engine is shutting off because of the power to the efi relay in the kill switch. Can anyone tell me how to check to see if the signal from the switches are going to the ECU ?

Thanks

A little update. I got the wiring diagrams and it seems the power from the ecu comes from pin 116 on C100 and returns on pin 226 on C200. I assume the C200 should go to ground but not sure. I'm going to check the voltage on the key switch to see what I get.

Another update. I checked the voltage at the switch and tether. I got 12v from black to chassis ground and 7.5 volts from black to violet which makes sense I guess because of the throttle switch resistance. It says in the service manual that the violet wire goes to a ground reference on the cpu. Can anyone tell me what a ground reference is.

So apparently a reference ground is the ground for the sensors and other components attached to the ecu. Now I'm wondering if I can ground the violet wire to the chassis to see if it would shut off the engine. I don't want to fry my ecu.

I wouldn't get too deep before double checking the key switch itself. After years of getting water in them, they are known to have problems and do weird things.

I wouldn't get too deep before double checking the key switch itself. After years of getting water in them, they are known to have problems and do weird things.
Yeh that's the first thing I checked out. This morning I checked the violet wire to chassis and I didn't get any continuity. The more I think of it the more it seems to be a ground problem. I just need to know now if I can ground the voilet wire to an external ground. These snowmobiles are so hard to trace the wires to the ecu. The ecu is under the gas tank. Not a good engineering decision. If the violet wire is a ground reference seems to me it should have continuity to ground unless it is switch somehow.

I would take a closer look at the ignition still since its all wired in parallel with the other safety devices. You already said the slap switch works so its not a problem at the ECU

1679247422997.png

I checked all the wires and switches. The slap switch has two sets of contacts. One that is in parallel with the key switch and teather abd one that energizes the efi relay. This is the one that kills the engine when the slap switch is pushed.

1679312914588.png

Back
Top Bottom