• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2008 FST IQ Touring - Convert to FS? (non-turbo)...?

Chucker

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2008 Polaris FST IQ Touring
New here - only sledding a few years. Bought this sled 18 mos. ago. Good possibility that turbo has died on me. (2 weeks for mechanic to look at it). He knows sleds but has no Polaris diagnostic equip etc.... I'm just curious. Is it "possible" and "practical" to convert this turbo sled to a non-turbo? Any special steps to accomplish that? - Thanks
(ps - rode for 75 miles at 30-40 mph, got on a lake and pushed it up to 50-60 mph, the check eng. light started flashing and continued to for the 15 minute ride home at 25mph). - Still starts and runs, light still flashing - could be imagination but sounds like fats "clicking" noise... bearing?... Thoughts? Things to check? - Thanks!!

What is the flash code? Typically these sleds will flash x times then pause. When the EGT sensor on my 900 went out it was a 5 flash code if I remember right.

Yes - just continuous flashing. I'm told I need to find a Polaris dealer to re-set it also....

Sounds about right based on my Polaris computer experience. Most of the time the dealer doesn't even have those abilities and will just try to sell you a new ECU (once again my experience on my 2006 fusions). I would see if you can find a way to do a hard reset on the ECU. On the 2-stroke fusions I used to have, this was done by shorting the 12v rail to the engine stalling the sled out. @Mr. Sled do we have the Polaris service manuals here?

Back
Top Bottom