• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2009 Dragon 800 sp

Nortrider

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
1994- now
Snowmobile
16 pro s ltd
A friend of mine has a 09 dragon 800. Its a very nice looking and sharp sled but the thing just don't run hard. If you hold it at WOT for a while it starts popping and cutting out. I owned one before and it did the same thing so the next year I swapped it. Can anyone help with any ideas of what can be going on? Dealer put some new pistons in it so its got all the updates. I would like to see it run good and stay with the guys for a few rides. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Is the engine light coming on? What rpm is it cutting out?

The best thing I can suggest is call Jim at dyno tech and get a Pcv with his fuel map for that year. The fuel map from factory was less then desirable . Jim's map cleans it up. He can sell the Pcv with map. That will be money well spent.
Go from there.

Yes, it has a very lean spot in the fuel map.

That's why u get a misfire,pop,big or hesitation. Which ever one you wanna call it.

Get Jim's map for the Dragon.

Ok Brock! I'm going to look into it right away. Any good setups for this sled to make it a good performer?

hey guys I have a 2009 dragon 600, bogging down after 50mph, doesn't matter if I hammer the throttle or try to open it up slowly...its all stock...any thoughts?? dealer has checked stator, exhaust valves are clean..bellows are brand new

The best thing I can suggest is call Jim at dyno tech and get a Pcv with his fuel map for that year. The fuel map from factory was less then desirable . Jim's map cleans it up. He can sell the Pcv with map. That will be money well spent.
Go from there.
Do you have a phone number for Jim / dyno tech?

thanks for the suggestions guys...sled is still at the dealer in London. plus we need some snow for further testing lol..i have contacted jim at dynotech though.

May want to have a look at the intake boots on there as well.

also have it checked on digital wrench , I had one that was dropping voltage on one injector by about almost half.

Back
Top Bottom