• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2009 IQ 600 hard start no idle

redrider

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
polaris pro-s swicthback 800 ,2017 classic 600,2006 xc/sp 500,2006 indy 340,2004 pro-x 120,2004 kitty cat,99 various vintage sleds,IQ600,2009
just picked up this sled,with problem,would not start,got it from original owner, pretty much ran eathonal gas rarely treated,i drained all old gas instilled non eth about 3 gal.and about 12 oz. gas rx,changed fuel filter,inspected boots at throttle body,checked compressoin,at 120 psi,replaced battery,will now start idle for about 1-2 min. and quit,will stay running if hold throttle open,but dies when released, any ideas much appreciated.

Pull the injectors and have them professionally cleaned if they were that screwed up.
InjectorRx in Texas is one place that has the equipment & wiring harness to do the Polaris injectors, they get $18 per injector plus your shipping to get them there.
Much cheaper than doing a top end if you lean out a piston from a dirty injector.

Last edited:
i will look them up,for cleaning,definitly headeing in the direction of fuel injectors,good thing i was sitting down when i looked up the price for new ones.thanks for the info, i didnt know if there was a option for cleaning thanks

They will actuate them and flow test as well as part of the cleaning to make sure they are still good.
Guaranteed the spray pattern is screwed up and thats why you are having idling issues, the ecm cant compensate enough to maintain idle.

so i did pull the injectors,that is quite a chore to say the least,called injector rx,he new just what i had and advised to leave harness atached,tested before and after cleaning with a flow chart printed out i was impressed from time i sent them untill got them back was only 10 days,no big deal there,i have and will recommend them ,came with new seals and o-ring grease,engine runs great.had it back running on oct,23, thanks for the advise

Back
Top Bottom