• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2010 Assault coolant issues

Reddoggdgp

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2010 Polaris Assault RMK
2006 Fusion 600HO
Hello all, new to the site and cross over/mt sleds. To make a long story short, I purchased a 2010 Assault RMK last year. I had two quick meltdowns so I had the motor completely rebuilt top and bottom and had one day of easy riding on it last spring. I noticed on first start up this year that the coolant bottle seems to be heavily bubbling/flushing. Any ideas.
Also does anyone have suggestions on shock rebuild guys around northern Michigan.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to a snow filled season.

Hello all, new to the site and cross over/mt sleds. To make a long story short, I purchased a 2010 Assault RMK last year. I had two quick meltdowns so I had the motor completely rebuilt top and bottom and had one day of easy riding on it last spring. I noticed on first start up this year that the coolant bottle seems to be heavily bubbling/flushing. Any ideas.
Also does anyone have suggestions on shock rebuild guys around northern Michigan.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to a snow filled season.

Sounds like you have a head gasket leak.

Would surprise me with the fresh rebuild but not surprise me. Anyway of testing? Would compression show head gasket leak?

Would surprise me with the fresh rebuild but not surprise me. Anyway of testing? Would compression show head gasket leak?

If its bubbling on start up then its bad enough it might show with compression gauge.

It looks like it is circulating which I know isn’t good. 118/120pto.

No. I tried bleeding it again, topped it off and it doesn’t seem to be bubbling. Level was mid bottle before around the line...

No. I tried bleeding it again, topped it off and it doesn’t seem to be bubbling. Level was mid bottle before around the line...
Line meaning the hose mid bottle towards the front of the sled. Just trying to be proactive after two rebuild by a dealer I am a little gun shy.

Line meaning the hose mid bottle towards the front of the sled. Just trying to be proactive after two rebuild by a dealer I am a little gun shy.

It could have been pushing air from the rebuild and they didnt bleed it well.

Do you have a secondary cooler installed on this unit? My father in law has overheating issues on his dragon constantly. My dragon mod sled has had the secondary cooler installed very handy Inwouldnt go without it.

Back
Top Bottom