• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2010 Assault flooding on startup

ieatrocks

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Assault 800
I have a 2010 assault with a dragon saver kit on it. Started having issues were it was bogging a bit and flooding on start up. I have torn the sled down a bit to inspect the reeds which are in good shape. My next assumption is the injectors are getting stuck open. Checking here to see if anyone has any other advice and if cleaning the injectors is an option or if I should just go ahead and replace. Thanks.

I have a 2010 assault with a dragon saver kit on it. Started having issues were it was bogging a bit and flooding on start up. I have torn the sled down a bit to inspect the reeds which are in good shape. My next assumption is the injectors are getting stuck open. Checking here to see if anyone has any other advice and if cleaning the injectors is an option or if I should just go ahead and replace. Thanks.

If they are cheap, i would just replace.

Injectors were not cheap but i replaced them along with a new filter, rail, and fuel lines. Got the sled back together (would like to have the engineer that designed the air box castrated) and started it up. Fired and ran for a second and died. Did this a bunch of times but never stayed running for more than a second or two. It sounded better when it started so I think the injectors were part of the problem but I am trying to figure the rest out now. So far I have dumped the gas for fresh gas, put in new plugs, and tested the capacitor. The capacitor tested good and the plugs are getting good spark on pull start. Getting back fires now but I think that may be from a little bit of gas that got into the air box when I pulled the fuel lines to dump the gas tank. The voltage regulator was replaced recently and has maybe 100 miles on it so I don't believe its that. I'm at a loss here. Next step is to light it on fire and walk away from the damn thing.

Injectors were not cheap but i replaced them along with a new filter, rail, and fuel lines. Got the sled back together (would like to have the engineer that designed the air box castrated) and started it up. Fired and ran for a second and died. Did this a bunch of times but never stayed running for more than a second or two. It sounded better when it started so I think the injectors were part of the problem but I am trying to figure the rest out now. So far I have dumped the gas for fresh gas, put in new plugs, and tested the capacitor. The capacitor tested good and the plugs are getting good spark on pull start. Getting back fires now but I think that may be from a little bit of gas that got into the air box when I pulled the fuel lines to dump the gas tank. The voltage regulator was replaced recently and has maybe 100 miles on it so I don't believe its that. I'm at a loss here. Next step is to light it on fire and walk away from the damn thing.

Are you the fuel pump is working and the fuel pressure is good? I am with you on this.. I feel your pain.

I don't have a fuel pressure gauge to check but when I smartly tried to start it forgetting to plug in the spark plugs, they were wet with gas when I pulled them.

When it rains it pours. Lucky for me the pull chord stopped ratcheting.

Back
Top Bottom