• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2010 IQ 800 runs rough at low RPM

DaveR

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris
I have a 2010 IQ 800 that runs rough at low RPM. Starts and idles fine and runs fine at higher speeds. Hesitates, lurches and occasionally pops.

I cleaned the valves, put in new plugs and ran 2 different fuel system cleaners through it with no luck.

Took it to a Polaris dealer and he swapped out the TPS with no luck and is going to try the kill switch next.

Any ideas? What about re-mapping? It had a factory recall/re map right after I bought it new and I'm wondering about that.

Also wondering about the valves. I only cleaned the actual guillotines, didn't disassemble the bellows.

So it turned out to be the stator. It finally threw some error codes so they changed it out and that was the problem. Put about 30 miles on it after picking it up and it runs great. Pricey repair but it's good to have it back.

Back
Top Bottom