• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2015 800 ho piston

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
This axys 800 has over 5200 miles on motor and the cast pistons made for the axys are within tolerances still. That's a good thing for Polaris guys. These new 800 ho motors seem to be holding up well.
This sled was beat on over and over and had 4 over heat codes (185-200+)in life of sled.

IMAG1087.jpg
IMAG1086.jpg
h
IMAG1084.jpg
IMAG1083.jpg
IMAG1082.jpg
IMAG1080_1.jpg

Piston wash shows good.

Polaris VES oil used

Looks a tad on the lean side but I expected that. Really seems like the axys 800s are holding up nicely.
IMAG1087.jpg

If you look at the piston wash, on the intake side it's showing a good safe fuel wash and carbon build up.

Was this sled all stock?

Not my sled Rob,lol

But this is one of many 2015 axys 800's with over 5000 miles. Some serious milers in 7000+ in Quebec.

This is a good thing for the poo crowd. Not many catastrophic failures in the 800 ho.

I'm not trying to glorify this as one is better then the other or this is standard.

Can it be better?? Yes.
That goes for any 2 stroke though.

I was just sharing as with this amount of miles and tolerances still in spec is good.

It had a slp pipe on it .
For how long?? I don't know?
Should find out if you can. Give us a idea if it can handle a pipe. And if he is agressive on sled or not

Should find out if you can. Give us a idea if it can handle a pipe. And if he is agressive on sled or not
Did you read my first post??

The slp pipe had a resistor which made it safe . Slp was slightly lean 8000+ rpm only as shown on dyno, but with a resistor, it was safe.

Not sure what i missed. What's in first post? Pistons good. We don't know how long the pipe was on you said.

The part were I said" this sled was beat on over and over and had 4 over heat codes 185-200 degrees" as you asked me if he was an aggressive rider, that answers it.

I don't know all the exact details of everything on this sled. I know it had a pipe only and the guy put gas and oil in it a rode hard.Div20

Brock,

I picked up my current SB last August (bought it from Camoplast, now Camso)

It had just under 6000miles when I bought it, and I was torn with what to do, since it still had some warranty left.

I decided to just give the sled a good once over, and the compression was Very good considering the mileage (123 & 121). Dealer told just drive it, if it busts he will take care of me. Now that's a dealer, giving that kind of service for a sled he didn't even sell me.

Anyhow, because of the lack-luster conditions we had this winter, I got a whopping 800 miles. Trouble-free and awesome though :)

I am now going to do the top end. What are you using to do this top end? Since you are local to me, I am looking for your input.

Last edited:
Rob are you speaking in a Vietnamese dialect, or did you forget the w or the t? Quote "I am no going to do the top end"

Back
Top Bottom