• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2015 800 ho Pro X Clutching Upgrade

wallacbr

I've been scouring the clutching threads, especially focusing on the Pro X setups, and think I've found a good starting point. Clutches are due for a good cleaning and I will also be doing the alignment procedure from this site and figured I'd drop a few goodies while I was in there. Looking for feedback on the specs below for "fast trail" setup?

Currently the sled runs under 1000ft, 200lb rider (including gear), 7900-8050rpm in loose trail, 8000-8150 harder pack, all stock (including belt and gearing 1.86), 120 x 1.75" track.

I'm hoping to be running 8100-8200 on loose trail and 8200-8350 on harder pack. Also, not looking to change track, gearing, or clutch machining (yet), just improving the stock sled with basic clutch changes. Thanks for the help.

Primary weight: 68g
Primary spring: 120-310
Secondary spring: 140/220
Helix: 46-42 full progressive
Belt: stock Polaris

Just to be clear?
This is what u wanna try or already have in?

Primary weight: 68g
Primary spring: 120-310
Secondary spring: 140/220
Helix: 46-42 full progressive
Belt: stock Polaris

On a stock 15 pro x 800 for fast trail, rpm should be 8250-8300.

Did u do alignment and float?

Belt to sheave?

Suspension adjustments ?

What u have may work with the lug track ur using .

I've done the checks that Brock mentions but I will be verifying them again prior to running.

Dr. Notadoo, this is the first I've heard of using a timing key on these engines. I've done it on other sleds and it makes sense, just haven't heard of anyone using it yet here. I'm guessing you've seen some noticeable benefits? Any drawbacks such as added sensitivity to DET faults? I always run premium in 91 octane mode. Would that be a 1 degree timing key; I see Bikeman sells them but only lists them by degree?

Frett brothers sells them, I don't let out all my secrets... lol .010 is the one you want. You should not get det issues, even in non eth mode, if you do switch to eth mode, will have great throttle response even in eth mode. I have a few guys running them, I tried it first, for two weekends on trail , on my sled , and there all a little different in some way, it det once if I chopped the throttle in the mid range, never in eth mode. Other guys can run in noneth mode and be fine.

Thanks doc, I appreciate all advice ur willing to share. Mad respects.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Timing key is cheaper then a Pcv too .

So the vendor messed up and shipped me the wrong part even after being on back order. I received the 50-44-F---52-46-F ER TSS-04 HELIX (LW420766 ) instead of the 48/44 F (LW420767). Is it even worth trying this setup (50/44) or should I deal with returning it? Season is over for me so I can't test and have the time to wait for shipping...thoughts?

Where can I get the clutch alignment tool?

What are the benefits of aligning the clutch? is it performance or reliability?

Both

The only way it won't be aligned is usually bad motor mounts.

Back
Top Bottom