• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2015 Axys Pro X 800 shock valving

wallacbr

Anyone done any re-valving of the Pro X shocks? Looking to understand what the stock valve codes are, what you may have changed, and the results?

What I'm looking to do is make my Pro X a little friendlier on the trail chatter but also utilize the extra suspension travel the Pro X Walker Evan's offer with bigger bumps/jumps. I realize the Pro S is touted as the trail sled and the Pro X as the ditch banger, so please refrain from those types of recommendations, I'm keeping the Pro X. My methodology for purchasing the Pro X stemmed from the larger lug track, higher handle bar height, and extra travel it offered.

I'm trying to tailor the Pro X to run the trails a little better without trading too much of the big bump capabilities by setting up a custom valve. I could always seek out a professional shop but I would really like to do the work myself and see what others have done first.

I heard the hi gear dual rate springs do work very nice.
I like what you did minus40. Sounds like a really good smart decision to me.Div20
Who decided on these recommendations??
Yourself or hi gear??

Minus40 thanks for sharing your experience! What type of riding would you say your setup works best for?

Also, just to clarify, drilling the piston orifice to .052 is on the front shocks? Assuming it is, would the expected result allow a softer ride through "chatter" type bumps up front?

Back
Top Bottom