• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2015 Pro X

tallor

Is it possible to get the Pro X into overdrive?

Jaws pipe
40/22 gear
120/300 primary spring
66.2g weights
50/44 helix
140/220 secondary spring
Gates belt
8350-8400 rpm

Sled comes out and pulls very hard. +-3/16" left on primary shift out.

Yes, free up some stuff if u say it can't take more primary weight.

Using alignment tool. Let it float in 0.060" and let it float out 0.060" ,for a total of 0.120".

Change attack angle of fts to 1/2" less spring pressure

Let track free hang 5/8"

Check your primary over ,like spider to tower clearance. Use a 120/310 with about 67 grams .
Go with less cam angle at start. Like a 48

Some suggestions.

Yes, free up some stuff if u say it can't take more primary weight.

Using alignment tool. Let it float in 0.060" and let it float out 0.060" ,for a total of 0.120".

Change attack angle of fts to 1/2" less spring pressure

Let track free hang 5/8"

Check your primary over ,like spider to tower clearance. Use a 120/310 with about 67 grams .
Go with less cam angle at start. Like a 48

Some suggestions.

My mistake I am using a 120/310 spring. I will recheck the alignment. Currently plenty of float. Angle of attach - drill front suspension mounting hole 1/2" higher in the tunnel? My track is pretty tight. I will adjust to 5/8" drop. Primary may need to be machined for OD? Perhaps 48/42 helix which should allow me to use slightly heavier primary weights? I will also check the primary for clearances and proper specs.

My mistake I am using a 120/310 spring. I will recheck the alignment. Currently plenty of float. Angle of attach - drill front suspension mounting hole 1/2" higher in the tunnel? My track is pretty tight. I will adjust to 5/8" drop. Primary may need to be machined for OD? Perhaps 48/42 helix which should allow me to use slightly heavier primary weights? I will also check the primary for clearances and proper specs.
By drilling that while 1/2" higher and changing the angle of attack, are u noticing better performance? I'm guessing it's faster, but what do u give up?
By doing this, how far off is ur angle of attack now compared to a conventional skid Like the indy or assault??

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

I think I misread the advice. I have been racing ice drag sleds for years. Adjusting the skid by drilling and relocating the front mounts (up or down) was a cheap and easy way to change the angle and get more/less ski lift and or traction.

After rereading Brock's post and studying my suspension, I think he is talking about adjuding the limiter strap and or adjusting the spring pressure. Perhaps Brock could clarify his comments regarding the angle of attach.

Anyway I have not made any changes. Snow in lower Michigan is gone.

I think I misread the advice. I have been racing ice drag sleds for years. Adjusting the skid by drilling and relocating the front mounts (up or down) was a cheap and easy way to change the angle and get more/less ski lift and or traction.

After rereading Brock's post and studying my suspension, I think he is talking about adjuding the limiter strap and or adjusting the spring pressure. Perhaps Brock could clarify his comments regarding the angle of attach.

Anyway I have not made any changes. Snow in lower Michigan is gone.

I think he was saying to check/adjust the front track shock?

Are you not happy with the top speed?

10/4. Love the sled. Just trying to get everything I can out of it. Used to ride an 05 Mach Z - Lots of top end. Apple/oranges comparison....

I noticed that my belt is 3/16" from the top of my primary. I am questioning whether the Pro x model can ever get into overdrive mode.

10/4. Love the sled. Just trying to get everything I can out of it. Used to ride an 05 Mach Z - Lots of top end. Apple/oranges comparison....

I noticed that my belt is 3/16" from the top of my primary. I am questioning whether the Pro x model can ever get into overdrive mode.

Got ya. It SHOULD go into slight overdrive. But I will let others comment, as I don't gear for overdrive. :)

Back
Top Bottom