• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2016 Polaris pro s Switchback 800 electric start issues

Cason Schmutzer

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
10 years
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris Switchback Pro S 800 137
I have a 2016 Polaris Pro S Switchback 800. The electric start will work if it has been sitting. Once I drive it and it the machines bounces around a bit, the electric start does not work at all. I'm thinking there is a loose connection somewhere. Any ideas?

I have a 2016 Polaris Pro S Switchback 800. The electric start will work if it has been sitting. Once I drive it and it the machines bounces around a bit, the electric start does not work at all. I'm thinking there is a loose connection somewhere. Any ideas?
Try cleaning the starter gear by manually extending it and wiping it down with some cleaner. They have been known to gum up. If that doesn't help Then I'd start looking at relays or anything else that doesn't like heat.

I also have seen some issues like this. There is a starter relay above the battery that I changed out. Seems fine now.

Keep forgetting these are the years with the garbage chinese relays. Search the older threads for the Panasonic equivalent that everyone is switching to and change all the relays in the sled.

Back
Top Bottom