• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2017 800 assault oil

assault 800

so what is everyone going to use for oil in there new 2017 assault 800 for breakin an after breakin i was thinkin to use legend zx 2sr or the new polaris race oil red cap

I'm from the mindset if you have confidence in a product stick with it. As long as it gets into the motor properly you should be fine. That is all.

I have run Arctic Blue for many years and will not use anything else, very reasonable price and very high quality.

Broke in my 15 and 16 800 pros on legend zx2sr....in the reservoir and in the tank. Ves cleaning on the 2016 after 800 miles proved the oil is very good. Will be doing exactly the same thing when new 2017 assault arrives as well

I have heard nothing but good about the Legend as well, I have never run it myself.

I'm new to Polaris - is there anything wrong with the Polaris VES Synthetic?

Well not to start another oil war here, take this as my opinion only, I think Arctic Blue is a better oil package than VES, again only MY opinion, and you can usually buy it for under $20 a gallon in the states. I have run it since the early 90's and it has been run in some race sleds I have worked on, always with great results. Very clean burn, no smoke once warmed up and I have never had a sticky exhaust valve while running it.

Can you show me proof that it is a better oil package? because our tests prove otherwise. we spend tons of time and money on the dyno and in the field developing the oil and its additive package. if you want the best oil for your ho run ves race oil. that is the best you can buy right now.

pro s800 do u think a guy should use mineral oil for breakin then the ves race oil. really want them rings to seat well

We do make a 2 stroke break in oil for polaris. im not sure how they use it because we only blend it in 300 gal totes and send it to the factory. we dont put it in bottles. might wanna ask a dealer about that. otherwise i would just use reg ves for break in with a quart of oil in the first tank of gas

I can offer you no proof as you cannot offer me proof VES is better. I have found that VES does not burn as clean in the engines I have run, I have also found more scuffing on piston skirts using VES. I can set up a lab experiment to show any results desired, as can you. I am not here to start an oil war, I have mentioned that these are my opinions and you working for Lube Tech have your own.

I can show you results tho. we just spent the last 6 months testing 10 hours a day on the dyno testing oil vs amsol, koltz, mystik etc. making oem oils not all companys focus on the same things. one want a cleaner burn so we put more detergents in it, one wants it to last longer with less heat so we put more friction additives in. polaris doesnt focus on burn, they are more concerned with bearings and the lower end then the tops of the pistons. some additive might be to much and hurt a motor over time. i run ves race as it is a better oil then ves.

If it was better dont you guys think polaris would out source the oil making to the aftermarket so it was cheaper for them instead of spending millions on making the best oil for that particular engine.

So VES is the best oil available?

No the red label ves race is. it has more detergents for cleaning and more zinc for wear protection. i ran reg ves in my 2015 axys the first year. then ves race all last year. power valves were cleanner then running reg ves. i personally only run ves race in my sleds as im super hard on them and need that extra protection

What ratings does this oil pass? I looked to see on Polarises web site and couldn't find anything.

It just seems to me they are constantly changing the VES formulas...Oils and additives have been around a long time.....why so many changes?

Back
Top Bottom