• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2017 SBA Track Swap

FuriousG

New Polaris owner here, haven't been on one since around '97. Been on a new Renegade last few years...MAN OH MAN I love this machine!!

Have a 17 switchback assault 800 with 1.35 cobra. I want a little more track, but don't want to get into powder lugs, so was looking at the cobra 1.6 as I really really like the 1.35.

Question being, if I were to make the swap I would look into gearing down a hair, but would I need to re-clutch? Or would this likely be something I'd have to test first.

clutching is always a good idea ,but not necessary if your changing track lug and only going slightly lower in the gearing..

If you gear down your speedo will be off. I just put the 2" on mine with the recommended gears for it 2.10 ratio. I had the cobra 1.3" with 1.74 ratio on before. My max recall now reads 120 mph but I think I was doing about 85-90 mph

This is what I would do from switching to a 1.325 to a 1.6" track.

Gear it to 1.80 or a 1.86 ratio with the 1.6" track.

I have the Ice Cobra 1.6" with 1.81 gearing and a Rick's NorthStar Stage 2 clutch kit. VERY HAPPY!!

If you gear down your speedo will be off. I just put the 2" on mine with the recommended gears for it 2.10 ratio. I had the cobra 1.3" with 1.74 ratio on before. My max recall now reads 120 mph but I think I was doing about 85-90 mph
I'm having same trouble it seems. Only few runs on mine but guys tell me my mileage ain't right. Dealer swapped my track to get me a sled with electric start. Don't think they geared it!!

Back
Top Bottom