• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2017 Switchback 800

elindfield

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2017 sb 800
Hello, recently bought a Polaris again after a some years trying some other sleds. I just bought a 2017 switchback 800. Are there any issues that I should address on this sled? I keep reading about thermostat issues. My last Polaris was a 2006 Dragon 600, was the worst sled I ever owned. Any input would be appreciated.

I know I am not much help with the questions you have but why the change? Just wanted something different? I am just curious.
I have heard nothing but great things on the Polaris Switchback 800. I have a good friend that has been pounding the heck out of it this year.. working great.

His hand warmers had to be redone as the stockers didnt heat very well.

I am not a big fan of there new chassis. Seems like there are quite a few problems. My girlfriend has a 2015 rush 600 that I do enjoy riding.

i think you'll love your switchback! 2 years with mine! No issue so far! Just Pure fuN!

Not sure what thermostat issues you are referring to, 2018 Polaris made the operating temp for the 800 h.o. lower along with a host of small improvements to the motor and ecu. 15,16,17 all run about 125* .

I know I am not much help with the questions you have but why the change? Just wanted something different? I am just curious.
I have heard nothing but great things on the Polaris Switchback 800. I have a good friend that has been pounding the heck out of it this year.. working great.

His hand warmers had to be redone as the stockers didnt heat very well.

I have an 18 and i run my heaters on low and they burn my hands off, i have to turn them off and on all day because they are to much even on low. I think hand warmers are just one of those things that are really wishy washy no matter who makes them.

Back
Top Bottom