• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2017 Voyager problems

Troy Clancy

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2017 550 Voyager 155"
I have a 2017 550 Voyager 155", with a couple of issues.

-Top speed seems to be a bit low at 60 mph, rpm seems high, brand new belt also.
-The speedo/cluster seems flakey, backlight goes bright/dim constantly.

I've had it back to the dealer, they had it for 7 weeks last winter, waiting for
a voltage regulator, replaced regulator, and said that the over rev concern was not
an issue, just don't go that fast?

Other folks that I ride with have the same sled, they top 70 mph, not even close to red line.
Also, the cluster still fluctuates dim/bright.

I've have a fair mechanical/electrical background, and have done a little digging,
it appears that the 144" model has a different clutching setup, stiffer spring in the
secondary, and that the whole clutch is sold as an assembly, could it be possible that
the wrong clutch was installed right from the factory?

I've tried to find a Polaris clutch spring color chart, but have had no success with the spring
in question, Polaris part #7044162, (29lbs)

Has anyone had issues of these sorts?

Thanks...

Is there any chance that someone might have a schematic for one of these machines?

Thanks,

T

Back
Top Bottom