• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2018 Switchback 800 always overheating

venture22

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2018 Polaris Switchback Pro-S 800
I have a 2018 Polaris Switchback Pro-S 800 and no matter what snow conditions im in it is still overheating. Normally on hard pack trails my sled will get hot, never overheat but it got hot. But now even riding on the lake with 2 feet of fresh snow its still not cooling the sled down at all.

This afternoon i started it up and let it warm up and went out onto the lake, didnt even touch any hard pack snow and after 20 minutes i was already at 197F. i cant trail ride it anymore because it will instantly turn the overheat light on. im just confused as to why its still overheating even in deep snow. any help is appreciated

r u loosing coolant? if not t stat

r u loosing coolant? if not t stat
the coolant level is at its normal spot, that was my first thought too but after checking it, it just made me even more confused. ive never had it overheat and continue to gain heat when riding in the powder. what could be wrong with the thermostat? could it just be reading wrong? or be stuck open?

Just simply remove the thermostat and try riding it. That will tell you pretty quick. Riding with no thermostat will not harm your machine in any way, I promise..

If your machine runs fine, test your thermostat by putting it in boiling water and watch for it to open.

Just simply remove the thermostat and try riding it. That will tell you pretty quick. Riding with no thermostat will not harm your machine in any way, I promise..

If your machine runs fine, test your thermostat by putting it in boiling water and watch for it to open.
to remove the thermostat dont you also have to restrict one of the lines so that the coolant isnt moving too freely? and i will also try the boiling water trick, havent heard of that one before. Thank you for the info!

to remove the thermostat dont you also have to restrict one of the lines so that the coolant isnt moving too freely? and i will also try the boiling water trick, havent heard of that one before. Thank you for the info!

No simply remove it and bolt the cap back on.

Back
Top Bottom